Are you a red-hot Content Writer?
There’s little more satisfying in life than getting paid for words typed by your own fingers – after all, earning juicy dollars for awesome wordsmithery is always a good thing.
Sure, that unfinished novel sitting in your sock draw might well be the next Man Booker Prize winner, but at the moment, it’s not helping you pay the rent (or mortgage – if you’re ‘lucky’ enough to have one).
Luckily, Castleford Content Marketing are on the lookout for New Zealand’s hottest new writing talent to join our team. We want writers who can turn their hand to a whole host of different topics, from cement-mixing systems, aged healthcare, the Australian property market and road trip itineraries – you name it, we write about it.
It’s a trainee role (we call them ‘rookies’ in these parts), so you don’t need a tonne of experience, but you do need a great attitude – and a ferocious work ethic. If that sounds like you, read on…
- Ideally, you’ll have some professional writing experience.
- You won’t be scared of sinking your teeth into new, sometimes complex topics.
- You really care about creating unique, engaging content.
- Your time management and problem-solving skills will be impeccable.
- You enjoy working within a friendly team environment – no one likes sitting next to arrogant, scary or bad-tempered colleagues. Don’t be that person – at Castleford, we hire character and train skill.
- You’ll continually look to take on new responsibilities and grow professionally.
In the role you’ll:
- Research and write feature articles, blog posts, whitepapers, e-books and industry case studies for your clients.
- Publish work for a wide variety of businesses across Australasia (and sometimes further afield).
- Build and nurture client relationships.
- Collaborate with content marketing strategists and fellow writers to achieve the best outcomes for your clients.
Why working here is great:
- You’ll be part of a team of more than 15 talented writers.
- You learn to master a variety of writing styles and voices.
- There’s always a clear path for progression.
- You’re always encouraged to bring your own ideas to the table.
- You’ll learn loads about SEO, digital marketing, media law and more.
- We’re based in a modern office in the Auckland CBD – bean bags, wonky pool table, the lot. That means we’re really close to hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants.
Sound like you?
Send your CV, a brief cover letter and a writing sample via our Seek site here. If you seem a decent fit, we’ll be in touch.